If Your Website Isn’t Mobile Friendly, You Could Be Missing Out On As Much As 40% Of Your Target Audience
Mobile web browsing is steadily increasing in use. To be competitive your website needs to be optimized for these mobile devices, otherwise you'll be losing traffic to your competitors. The primary reasons a mobile optimized site include:
- It's recommended by Google. In fact, you’ll be penalized in SEO rankings if your site isn’t optimized for mobile devices.
- Manage one website, deliver to multiple target devices. This makes your website easier and more cost effective to manage.
- The "sticky factor". Mobile optimized websites attract more visitors and encourage them to stay longer. This increases your potential to complete your desired call to action.
- Increase sales. If your site is mobile friendly your customers will be more likely to purchase more products.
- Improved social media interaction. Mobile users will share your story/product if your site is optimized for mobile devices.
- Mobile device browsing is continuing to increase. Don’t miss out on this growth curve.
There are two common approaches to achieving a site that is optimized for mobile devices:
- Responsive Design: the look and feel of the site automatically adapts to the width of the device. Thus, it's one site, which looks a little bit different for each device it’s displayed on. Learn more on our Responsive Design page.
- Mobile Optimized Site: a separate mobile presentation that is automatically delivered to mobile devices. The content is sourced from the data, so you’re still only managing one site, however the presentation changes for mobile users.
Sandcastle has strong portfolio of mobile optimized and responsive design websites (check out our What We've Done section for examples). Give us a call and let us help you determine which approach is right for you